Sitting at a desk for eight hours is what millions of us do every day.
Despite inevitability of such a lifestyle, within 5-9 years it will backfire causing serious, and, sometimes, irreversible health problems.
Therefore, today I will tell you how to minimize health risks if you have a sedentary job.
- Avoid eating sweets. Confectionery consumption increases the risk of obesity and causes dental problems. The best thing to do is to bring slices of apples and carrots to work – it is a healthy snack that contains natural sugars.
- Bring your own food to work. Home-cooked food will help you to control the portion sizes and the amount of calories you consume. Not only will it save your money, but also provide your body with all the necessary nutrients.
- Remember about vitamin D. 10-15 minutes spent in the sun during the day is a great way to replenish vitamin D deficiency in your body, which directly affects your mood. But, if outside there is everything but the sun every day, start adding fatty fish to your diet.
- Drink more water. I will never get tired of repeating it: water is important not only for excellent metabolic function, but for brain function too. Dehydration can cause headaches and fatigue, so it is better if you stay hydrated.
- Add a few more steps. Do you use public transport to get to work? If it’s warm outside, you can get off one stop early. This way you can breathe some fresh air, get over sleepiness and throughout the day you will feel cheerful and even inspired!
- Avoid stress-caused overeating. Going out for dinner after a stressful meeting is not the best idea. A glass of cold water taken in small sips helps to relieve stress almost immediately.
- Unleash your emotions. Do you use headphones at work and sometimes you can’t help stomping your foot or moving your head to the beat of the music? Do not restrain yourself! It will help you to burn a few calories, and who would give up such an opportunity?
With care for your health,
“Okzhetpes” health and wellness complex!