Not all fats are bad for human health. Let’s talk about the important of Omega-3 – an essential trace element for your beauty and health.
The importance of Omega-3:
- Provides elasticity to vessels and supports healthy condition of capillaries;
- Supplies your body with the energy for healthy metabolism;
- Participates in the synthesis of tissue hormones and stimulates the enzyme activity;
- Helps fight premature aging.
What happens if we don’t get enough Omega-3 fatty acids?
- Sebaceous glands become blocked, which leads to inflammation and, as a result, to acne disease;
- It weakens the immune system and skin barrier functions get impaired;
- A damage to the structure of the corneal layer leads to skin flaking, brittle nails and hair, development of seborrheic dermatitis, hair loss;
- Development of skin allergies.
What products contain Omega-3?
- First off, it’s sea fish.
- The largest amount of Omega-3 is found in fatty fish (mackerel, sardine, salmon, tuna, etc.). Freshly cooked fish is the most beneficial for our health, but there are fatty acids in oil-packed canned fish too.
- Among plants, flaxseed and sesame seeds have the highest content of Omega-3. That is why it is recommended that you dress vegetable salads with flaxseed oil and sesame oil.
Since our body is not able to synthesize Omega-3 on its own, it is crucial that we get this element through the food we consume. That’s why adding such foods to your diet is the right decision for healthy and beautiful skin!