Lemon is a fruit known for its healing properties: it helps to fight various diseases, improves the condition of skin, hair, nails, and increases body tone.
Drinking lemon water is a very healthy habit that can help you to stay healthy and beautiful.
How? Let’s find out.
This citrus is rich in vitamin C, potassium, and it also contains calcium, magnesium, vitamin P and a number of other healthy elements.
If you drink lemon water on a regular basis, it benefits your body in various ways:
- Activates immune function. Vitamin C is a potent stimulant for the production of interferon – a substance that allows cells to fight viruses and to reduce risks of infection during epidemics.
- Promotes better digestion – water with lemon taken on an empty stomach activates the processes of the gastrointestinal tract. The atomic composition of warm lemon water is similar to that of saliva and gastric acid, so it triggers the mechanisms responsible for timely digestion of food and removal of waste products through intestines.
- Stimulates work of liver and gallbladder, because water with lemon helps to make bile thinner, which simplifies the process of its outflow from the body and removes accumulated toxins from the liver.
- Anti-inflammatory effect – in infections of the respiratory passage. Water with lemon enhances the protective properties of the body, while gargling with it helps to rid of tonsillitis and other throat diseases.
- Accelerates metabolism. Good metabolism is the key to excellent health, good mood and slim figure.
- Improves the condition of vascular tissues – a combination of vitamins C and P makes the walls of blood vessels elastic and supple.
- Ensures continuous operation of cardiovascular and nervous systems due to high potassium content.
That’s the effect that water with lemon produces on the body!